Pages

SugarPlum Cottage Crafts

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th of July!!!!!


Well I just got back from a BBQ with my church and I wanted to share some of the things I made for it (with the help of my BFF Ashley, of course!) The cupcake toppers were SUPER simple.
We just stamped out the saying ("God Bless America" from SU set "Star-Spangled Day") punched it out with a 1 1/8" square punch. Layered that on a scalloped square and then sandwiched a tooth pick in between 2 of the scalloped squares. Super duper easy and I LOVE the way they turned out!
And then we decorated the wrapped silverware with a cut from the "Independence Day" cart that I modified. Instead of using the piece that is supposed to go around the outside of the circle (it was way to intricate to cut as small as I needed it to be) I just cut two of the base shapes, the red at 1 3/4" and the white at 1 1/2 " and layered them. And then we attached it to a band of white cardstock (1"x 4 1/4") which we stamped with the star border stamp from the same SU set, and wrapped it around the silverware.

No comments:

Post a Comment